Following a very competitive application process, the UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative is pleased to announce the 18 neonatal units which have been selected to take part in the National Neonatal Project.
These units will be provided with a range of support opportunities over a three-year period in order to achieve Baby Friendly accreditation between 2021-2024.
The Baby Friendly team were overwhelmed with applications from nearly half of the neonatal units in the UK, and were very disappointed to have to turn down so many fantastic submissions due to a small number of allocated spaces available in the programme.
Please join us in congratulating the following units:
- Barnsley Hospitals Neonatal Unit
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Neonatal Units
- Chelsea & Westminster Neonatal Unit
- Frimley Park Neonatal Unit
- Hinchingbrooke Neonatal Unit
- James Cook University Hospital Neonatal Unit
- King’s Mill Hospital Neonatal Unit
- Peterborough Neonatal Unit
- Rotherham Neonatal Unit
- Royal Stoke Neonatal Unit
- Royal Surrey Special Care Baby Unit
- Russells Hall Hospital Neonatal Unit
- Salisbury Neonatal Unit
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Jessop Wing Neonatal Unit
- Southport & Ormskirk Special Care Baby Unit
- Stoke Mandeville Neonatal Unit
- West Middlesex Neonatal Unit
- Wexham Park Neonatal Unit